Thursday, October 20, 2011

National Anthem of Bangladesh

National Anthem of Bangladesh is the official song of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. This anthem’s title is “Amar sonar Bangla”. Here “Amar sonar Bangla” means “My Golden Bengal”. This anthem was written by the great Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore in 1905 or 1906. Rabindranath Tagore is the only one person who written two national anthems for two nations. Amar Sonar Bangla was adopted in 1972 as the Bangladeshi national anthem. Before the independence of Bangladesh, “Shadhin Bangla Betar Kendro” used this song as
the national anthem of Bangladesh.


Here is the lyric of Bangladesh national anthem:

Amar sonar Bangla
Ami tomay valobashi

Chirodin tomar akash,
Tomar batash,
Amar prane bajae bashi.

O ma,
Fagune tor amer bona
Ghrane pagol kora,
Mori hae, hae re,
O ma,
Oghrane tor vora khete ki dekhechi
Ami ki dekhechi modhur hashi.

Ki shova, ki chaya go,
Ki sneho, ki maya go,
Ki achol bichaeecho
Boter mule,
Nodir kule kule.

Ma, tor mukher bani
Amar kane lage
Sudhar moto-

Ma tor bodonkhani molin hole
ami noyon
o ma ami noyon-jole vashi
sonar Bangla,
ami tomay valobashi!


Here is the literal translation of Bangladesh national anthem:

My Bengal of Gold,
I love you.

Forever your skies,
Your air set my heart in tune
As if it were a flute.

In spring, O mother mine,
The fragrance from your mango groves
Makes me wild with joy,
Ah, what a thrill!
In autumn, O mother mine,
In the full blossomed paddy fields
I have seen spread all over sweet smiles.

Ah, what beauty, what shades,
What an affection, and what tenderness!
What a quilt have you spread
At the feet of banyan trees
And along the banks of rivers!

Are like nectar to my ears.
Ah, what a thrill!
If sadness, O mother mine,
Casts a gloom on your face,
My eyes are filled with tears!

But black parents face when khani
I was struck
My eyes filled with tears
Bengal of Gold,
I love you.



This English translation was done by Syed Ali Ahsan.

1 comment:

  1. It is our national song. Every day all school start their class by singing it song. Every student sing this song before stating class.

    ReplyDelete